- Monday, June 6: signature projects
- Tuesday, June 7: charitable projects
- Wednesday, June 8: employee appreciation
- Thursday, June 9: employee training
- Friday, June 10: celebration day
Previously, a study done through the Ontario Ministry of Labour broke down fall hazards from 2009 to 2016 It found that roofing and residential building construction are the two main contributors to the amount of fall accidents which occur.
With the event, the CRCA is looking to accomplish the following:
- increase awareness across Canada about the significance of roofs to every home and business and share the good deeds of the industry
- increase the awareness of the roofing trade across Canada. When most people think of trades, they think of plumbers and electricians – the organization wants to change that. There are 56 Red Seal Trades in Canada and Roofer is one of them
- promote the importance of hiring a CRCA professional roofing contractor and making informed decisions about maintaining or replacing any roof system.
Proper roofing is critical in ensuring the safety of workers.
Previously, Saskatchewan employer Gardiner Plumbing Ltd. was fined $20,000 plus an $8,000 surcharge for an incident that left one worker seriously injured. The incident took place on Aug. 7, 2020, at a worksite near Île-à-la-Crosse. A worker fell when a roof structure collapsed. The worker was seriously injured.
In November 2021, one roofing company worker died and another was critically injured in a fire incident at a restaurant in Ontario.